10 things you need to do now you're engaged
Just engaged? Here are the 10 things you need to do first:
1. Start your wedding planner. Get a folder/scrapbook/journal together so that you can write down all your ideas and stick bits from magazines into it. Not only will this help you but you can show it to photographers, florists etc so they know what you're thinking.
2. Plan an engagement party. Spread the good news to your friends and family with an engagement bash. Everyone loves a good party.
3. Pick a date. Choose when you're going to get married so that you can go to venues with ideas in mind.
4. Find your Somerset wedding venue. Best to try and get in there early before your dream venue gets booked up. Most places offer discounts on a Friday compared to a Saturday.
5. Get an engagement shoot done. You'll get some great photographs and it means you get to practice at being in front of the camera.
6. Set your budget. Make sure you keep tabs on that spending and allocate amounts to each section.
7. Find a wedding dress. Search those websites, flick through magazines and get trying on some dresses.
8. Make a wedding website. Somewhere that all your guests can find out everything they need to know about your wedding.
9. Book a photographer. Once you have a date and a venue then you should get your photographer before they get booked up. Email me now to ask about my availability.
10. Draw up a guest list. It might be early but you can have some great fun putting together the list of all your family and friends.